Hello Potential Adopter!
Potcakes are amazing dogs and a very unique “breed”! They are very different in many ways to regular domesticated dogs we have here in Canada. Potcakes make wonderful companions, but they are not for everyone. Like with any breed, we recommend doing lots of research to ensure a potcake is what you are looking for in your new furry family member! We have lots of information about Potcakes in our “What is a Potcake?” tab, but please do not hesitate to reach out and ask us questions!
Are you ready to give the BEST dog you have ever had a furever home? You have come to the right place! We do require a few things from you before letting one of our beloved rescue pups go home with you. We want to make absolutely sure that a Potcake is the right fit for you and that our dogs will have the very best homes possible! If you are interested in adopting a dog, please FILL OUT OUR ONLINE APPLICATION (Click to open application). Once we have processed your references, we will schedule an in home visit prior to approving your application. Once your application as a new Potcake parent has been approved we will then match you up with your new furever friend! ***Please note that we are currently NOT accepting adoption applications for incoming dogs due to high volume of applications. 14/04/20***
Adoption fees are $650 per dog and include the following:
- Air travel into Canada and all proper medical/import paperwork
- Sample of one of our recommended dog foods (we support Canadian brands!)
- Training info kit with lots of info to raise your new puppy/integrate your new adult dog into your home
- Full medical history - all dogs are vet checked upon entry to Canada by our vet, as well as certified healthy to travel from their originating country
- a new toy
- New Collar and Leash
- Lifetime support from our rescue
- Pet ID tag courtesy of Chew-That or Pet Valu
- Spay/Neuter for dogs adopted over 6 months of age. For puppies adopted under 6 months of age, spay/neuter is the responsibility of the adopter.
Once everything is approved we will make an appointment to have you come by your new puppy/dog's foster home to pick up your new friend!
*TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL & TIMELY APPLICATION*
Please note that we are a small, volunteer-run organization. All application must be screened thoroughly, and this is not a quick process. We endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible. To help us expedite your application, please list accurate contact information for your references and let them know to expect our call. IMPORTANT: Please also let your veterinary clinic (if applicable) know that we will be calling and that they have your permission to divulge basic information such as whether your current or past pets are/were kept up to date on vaccinations and regular health checks. Thank you!